Silver Stacking Bangles Workshop - Thursday 6th June (11am to 3pm)
In this class you will design, size and make 3 sterling silver stacking bangles. You’ll be taken through each step, first practising on copper wire before moving onto silver. You’ll learn a variety of techniques such as bangle sizing, cutting, shaping, texturing, soldering, filing, polishing and finishing. The bangles will be finished off with a connecting ring and charm of your choice. Classes are restricted to 5 people to ensure you will have all of the tuition and support you need.
At the end of the class you’ll have a lovely set of bangles to take home and wear or give as a gift.
No experience is required and the class is suitable for complete beginners. Minimum age is 13 and under 16s must be accompanied by a paying parent or guardian.
How long is the class?
The length of the class is approx. 4 hours and includes a lunch break. Please bring a packed lunch or visit the Cornhill Village Shop which does lovely filled rolls, pastries and quiches if you'd like to pop in before the class starts. Please note that the class times are approximate and may run longer or shorter.
- Refreshments: tea/coffee/water & muffins made by our fabulous local shop. Please advise of any dietary requests or allergies at the time of booking and I will try to accommodate them.
- Use of all tools.
- Copper practice wire
- Enough sterling silver wire to make 3 bangles, a jump ring and charm of your choice. Additional charms can be purchased on the day.
BY BOOKING THIS COURSE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE CANCELLATION POLICY AND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED HERE.
Interested in a private group booking?
Jewellery classes are a great activity for friends and family so if you would like to enquire about a private group booking, please click here and we can can schedule a date to suit you.
Silversmithing classes can accommodate 5 people and Silver Clay classes are larger at 6 people.
If the class is for a special occasion, a cake can be arranged at no extra cost.
- The workshop has disabled access. Please inform me at the time of booking so I can make sure this is clear.
- Toilets (including disabled) are available on site.
- Parking is on site and free.
- There will be an outside seated area for you to enjoy your refreshment break (weather permitting).
- Please click here for all class FAQ’s and class location.
- Please do not wear sandals or open toe shoes
- No loose clothing
- Long hair must be tied back
- Safety glasses and dust masks will be provided.
- If you wear reading glasses, please bring them with you.
- Aprons will be provided but please don’t come to class in your good clothes! Silversmithing can be a dirty business so be prepared to get grubby.